Iberian secret hamburger is perhaps the most beautiful in Europe of this preparation intimately associated more with cooking, with North American culture. The origin of this meat sandwich is not clear: there are those who say that it was prepared for the first time in 1834, in a popular New York restaurant. Delmonico’s (one of the first restaurants in the United States); but others credit its invention to a chef from Connecticut, Louis Larsen, who in 1895 would have learned the recipe to prepare the meat from some sailors from Hamburg. What is certain is that today hamburger and hotdogs are the main symbols of American fast food.
On the other hand, there is no doubt for anyone Iberian pork secret is one of the most interesting and expensive cuts of this delicious animal. The proximity to the secret is also called the crosshead, and it is marbled muscle with infiltrated fat, which gives it a very strong smell. The secret is in the area of the arm, between the bacon and the shoulder, and the cut is fan, weighing between 150 and 200 grams. Only two can be extracted from each pig, and that’s probably why it’s so expensive.
How to prepare the Iberian secret hamburger:
- If not to be minced, cut the pork into small pieces and then add mustard and breadcrumbs.
- Add a touch of salt and ground pepper to the meat mixture. Some spices can also be added, such as oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Knead until you make a ball.
- Heat the griddle or grill and cut the onion into a wheel.
- Divide the meatballs into two parts and slowly, without weighing it. Put it on the griddle when it is very hot, four minutes each side.
- Cut the hamburger bun and heat on the grid. Cut the cheese into strips or sticks.
- Continue to assemble the burger: start by spreading the bread with mayonnaise, add lettuce, then put the meat on topon top of meat, onion and cheese, and then another bread covered.
Prepare this delicious Iberian secret hamburger that you will have to prepare in less than half an hour, and you can have some delicious fries. Do not forget that when assembling you can add other ingredients, such as mustard, ketchup, pepper strips, tomato slices, pickles or chopped olives. Everything is good for him.