With August, the well-deserved vacation season for millions of Mexicans finally arrives. The good weather with, which invites you to make the most of this long summer fun with family or friends products that have already made an important niche for itself among customers, Norwegian salmon, in one of the models that is trending this year: the “Sea-bacoas”. Easy, quick, versatile, light and healthy.
According to the famous chef Hung-Fai, Norwegian salmon is ideal for grilling thanks to the texture of its meat and the size of its muscles, most of the fish that are smoked the water in the water is very cold. Especially suitable for enjoying on a barbecue are all the fillets and slices (with the skin), loins and “second cuts”, etc., despite the versatility of these products almost infinite, since the Norwegian salmon is also appreciated for its wide range. cooked raw, steamed, baked, grilled…
Among the best options for roasting, we can go to the upper part of the Salmon loin cut into tacos and together on skewers and in the middle of the loin, whole, with some roasted vegetables, because both thick and fiery. . Ventresca has a lot of fat, so we can get the presentation with little cooking time, just seasoned with good olive oil, vinaigrette or with a thousand and one sauces to make it spicy, oriental or Mediterranean touch. With potatoes, vegetables, with salad … it can also be a great dish for lunch and dinner; appetizing and also very refreshing.
The origin is important for understanding the gastronomic value of a great fish like Norwegian salmon. “The coast of this country, which extends to the Arctic, provides the best conditions for the reproduction of these fish, which thrive in clear water that is very cold. Here, the salmon in its natural habitat and habitat like nowhere else in the world. Also, all the oceans in Norway are stable and have enough space for fish to grow. water and make their muscles, “Bjørn-Erik Stabell, head of the Norwegian Seafood Council in Spain.
The combination of traditional knowledge and the most avant-garde and the new science forms the basis of Norwegian aquaculture from the best salmon obtained that arrives with all its products and freshness for our summer Marbacoas. There is no other Norwegian product that combines well with the healthy Mediterranean like Salmon!
In millions of Spanish homes, salmon is baked or baked, although in recent years other options and raw preparations with Norwegian salmon as the main protagonist have grown, especially among young people . This is the case of ceviche – originally from Peru, but now in all countries, including Spain-, tartar or sushi. Also the poke, a simple dish of Hawaiian origin made with raw fish marinated with different seasonings.
And it is that Norwegian salmon allows for endless preparations, both raw and cooked, and for all tastes. Each part of the salmon is perfect for a different dish: the loin for sushi and sashimi, fillets for the grill or oven, and the tail for hamburgers or tartare. We should not forget the kitchen of use, which the salmon also gives a lot of play.
Norwegian salmon is a healthy source of protein and also contains some important nutrients such as Omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D, B vitamins, especially vitamin B12, minerals and antioxidants.
Among the recommendations of the Norwegian Seafood Council to enjoy this summer in Marbacoa, taking advantage of the beautiful cuts that the products allow, are Norwegian salmon tacos marinated with miso, soy and honey; or some Norwegian salmon skewers with teriyaki and grilled avocado; Barbecue of freshly marinated Norwegian Salmon fillets; Grilled Fresh Norwegian Salmon Burgers or Grilled Fresh Norwegian Salmon Skewers with Citrus Dressing.
Which one do you like? Almost your fingers! We show you, step by step, how to… Recipe to prepare the best Sea-bacoa of the summer
Tacos of Norwegian salmon marinated with miso, soy and honey
500 g of Norwegian skinless or boneless salmon cubes
200 g of white miso
200 g of honey
100 g of low sodium soybeans
In a large bowl, mix miso, soy and honey well.
We marinate the tacos for 4 hours in the refrigerator
We grill on the barbecue and continue
Norwegian salmon skewers with teriyaki and grilled avocado
500 g of Norwegian salmon cubes (3x3cm)
2 avocados cut into 4
olive oil, salt, ground pepper
250 g of teriyaki sauce
In a bowl we marinate the diced salmon for 2 hours after that time we prepare the skewers and cut the avocados in four, season to taste and bake for barbecue.
Add oil splash with caution because of flame.
We eat the skewers and continue everything together
Barbecue of freshly marinated Norwegian Salmon fillets
Ingredients (4 people)
600 grams of fresh Norwegian Salmon loins, without bones or skin
For the marinade:
2 cloves of garlic
1pc each. red pepper
1pc each. lemongrass
2 tbsp ginger, fresh
0.5 dl. add virgin olive oil
Heat the barbecue and cut the Norwegian Salmon fillets into slices.
Chop garlic, chilli and lemon peel into small pieces.
Grate the ginger and mix with the other ingredients of the marinade in olive oil.
Place pieces of Norwegian Salmon on a grill, previously oiled, and add the marinade to them.
Turn the fillets over, cover with the marinade, and leave for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
Cover the plate with aluminum foil for 15 minutes. The fillets should be barely cooked.
Grilled Fresh Norwegian Salmon Burgers
Ingredients (4 people)
400 grams of fresh Norwegian Salmon loins,
no bones or skin
1 tablespoon fresh chives
1 tsp salt
0.5 tsp pepper
4 do u. hamburger eating
Served with: lettuce leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers and sauces
Preheat the barbecue
Finely chop Norwegian Salmon fillets and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Wet your hands and make 4 equal balls and with the help of both hands, make the hamburgers until they are flat.
Brush the grill with olive oil and prepare the burgers for 2 minutes on each side.
Add lettuce, cucumber and tomato to the taste of the hamburger bun previously marked on the grill.
Tip: Hamburger steaks can also be made in a pan. They were heated in oil for 2 minutes on each side.
Grilled Fresh Norwegian Salmon Skewers with Citrus Dressing
Ingredients (4 people)
700 grams of fresh Norwegian Salmon loins, without bones or skin
salt and pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 do u. skewer stick
For citrus dressing with parsley
1 garlic clove
1pc each. lemon
1 bunch fresh parsley
Rinse the Norwegian Salmon fillets in cold water, dry with kitchen paper and cut into large cubes.
Drizzle the dice with a splash of olive oil and thread the dice onto the skewers. Season with salt and pepper and place on the barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Citrus dressing with parsley:
Wash, separate the parsley leaves and finely chop them. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and mix well with parsley, garlic and a little water to soften the citrus flavor.
Serve the skewers with a touch of citrus dressing on each.
Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes in cold water before placing them on the grill.
Do we know how to prepare and store Norwegian Salmon well? Some tips to remember…
How to prepare salmon at home:
- If you bring all the salmon and you will prepare it at home, do not forget to use a special table for the fish.
- Whenever we can, we use plastic (or stainless steel) boards, which allow better cleaning than wood, for example. Plastic is very beautiful because it allows us to prepare them and buy them by color for all kinds of food (meat, vegetables, fish).
How to save:
- In the case of raw salmon, we cannot store food for more than 1-2 days in the refrigerator. However, if we use it for another recipe or preparation where we eat salmon, we can extend its shelf for 3-4 days.
- In dishes with raw fish, such as poke, sushi or tartare, it is better to keep the ingredients separate and assemble the dish when we will eat it, thus extending its shelf life. When prepared, it should be stored in the refrigerator and consumed within 1-2 days.
What you need to know to take it in “tupper” …
- Both raw and cooked, food or preparation must be refrigerated as soon as possible, otherwise we will enter the best temperature window for growth of dangerous diseases.
- If we want to use tupperware or sandwiches to go, we must remember to refrigerate them when we arrive. It is recommended that we do not keep food prepared at room temperature for more than 2 hours, even if they spend less time, the better.
What if you freeze?
- If you are going to freeze raw fish, do not forget about the golden rule: freeze quickly and thaw slowly, always in the refrigerator.
- Fresh salmon lasts 2-3 months frozen. If it is cooked it can continue for up to 4 months
- Remember that you can not freeze dishes that contain pasta, rice, potatoes, because we will mix different foods with different products and length.
- During defrosting, it is better to put it in the refrigerator to cover more than not, because this way we will not mix the strong smell of the fish with other foods.
- It is important to defrost in the lower part of the refrigerator to avoid the possibility of exudates or liquid from the fish from spreading other products in the refrigerator.